Sunday 19 October 2014

Laundry Day.

Happy Monday everyone.

My morning started by having to make Laundry Liquid before
I could start the washing, so I thought I would share the recipe with you.



10 Litres water
1 cup lux soap flakes
1/2 cup WASHING soda
1/2 cup bi-carb.


Heat 2 litres of water on stove with soap flakes, until dissolved, then add washing soda
mix  until mixture thickens then add bicarb.


I then pour the  hot soap  liquid into my plastic tub and SLOWLY add
water to make up to 10 litres. I use my stick blender to continually mix while adding water
other wise the mixture can go lumpy. I also like to add a fragrant oil at this time. Today I used peppermint.


One liquid is thoroughly mixed I pour it into my empty vinegar bottles. How easy is that, 5 mins that all it takes to make 10 litres of laundry liquid, quicker than running down to shops.
Tip- Leave a gape in each bottle so you can shake the mixture as it sometimes gets thick.


My laundry is a small room but it works for me, one side is the washing machine,
and the other is a bench that I fold the clothes on into piles for everyone. Above
the bench is my vases as I also bring my cut flowers from the garden here. The basket on the 
washing machine has my gardening gloves  in it.


I love my clothes line, I went from a hills hoist to this about 6 years ago now,
a great old guy built the deck and line for me. What I love most is it doesn't swing around in the wind.
Do you line dry your clothes? I love the smell of sunshine on my clothes.
I know a lot of countries only use a clothes dryer and have no line.


My laundry isn't big enough to iron in so i do that here in the 
family room next to the laundry.

So the washing is done and not yet dry so I'm off to do some gardening.


We have a student free day in in QLD today so I am going to put 
my boys to work helping me in the garden,
 They don't know that yet and I still have to get Robbie out of bed but that's the plan. :)
Have a great Monday what ever you are doing today.

Mandy

No comments:

Post a Comment